Monday, September 29, 2008

SOS from the Land of Distraction

Now I don't know if it's by my own doing that I am stuck here, but by goodness sake, I HAVE to get out! My deadline is tomorrow. Granted, I have 4 hours of complete FREE time to get the last half of my 32nd chapter revised, and revamp my very last chapter (the 33rd) and end my story all together. But still.

Did I do it to myself? I always try to make myself have sealed lips when trying to start things/complete things/etc. You know, so I don't "jinx" myself. But I get so darned excited I can't help but to shout from my very short rooftop "I'm ALMOST DONE!" And then have the words come sailing back to smack me in the face.

Or is it something else? Do I somehow know subconsciously, I'm not doing something right with my book? The ending. It has to be the ending. I've been struggling with it for months. It sucks being a perfectionist. It really, really does. I have to have it JUST right or I obsess.

Well, I suppose it's a good thing I have 4 hours to figure it all out. Because by golly, I'm going to do it! September 30th, the last day of September, my DEADLINE, and I will not fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment