Saturday, October 4, 2008

Query Writing & Chocolate

So, for anyone who is or has gone through the production of a query letter, I'm sure you can totally understand my stress level. Now don't get me wrong, it isn't that it's *hard*, because I don't think that's it at all--at least, not for me. How can I say writing something about my biggest passion, my very own creation, be hard? But it IS overwhelming and intimidating because I know if it isn't JUST right, a possible future agent will pass on it.

I wanted to share some places that have helped me out in my 'research' process of writing the best dang query letter I can.

Agent Kristin writes about the plot catalyst, figuring it out, to help with your pitch paragraph.

Kameron Hurley's info on query writing.


and Joshua Palmatier's Query Project. It's full of other author's who've offered the query letters that got them an agent.

And what does chocolate have to do with any of this? Well, it only took me to get half way through my pregnancy to really start craving things, and tonight I've just had a hankering for chocolate. So much so that my friend I'm babysitting for went and got me a Hershey bar before they left. I'm on cloud 9 now. All I need is a big, tall glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment