It is official: My manuscript was completed yesterday afternoon and what a thrilling feeling! As much as I love it, my characters, and everything, I'm so relieved to be able to put it aside and not have to look at it again until publication (or I'm asked to revise). I would've posted the news earlier, but life has been busy the past 24 hours.
I worked on formatting it, at least standard, until I have my query ready to go and will need to adjust each submission to the agents guidelines. One site that helped me was this one. Though I decided to do my title page separately instead of tagging the beginning of my ms at the bottom of it. I also started going through and searching for exclamation points. I didn't know I was such an exclamation whore! They're not all over the place, but more than should be in a manuscript, so I'm fiddling with that. Basically things to get me through until Thursday to be productive on the project until I start figuring out my pitch, tagline, synopsis and query letter. I've been dreading, well . . . just about all of them. But I know I can do it. It's just going to take a lot more effort than I thought it would.
I rented What Happens in Vegas for tonight, we'll see if I get to it. I'll have to sacrifice Scrubs! But it's probably one I've already seen before anyway.