The contest itself is guessing the babies weight! I'll give you a bit of background on the firstborn just to be nice. Firstborn was a week early (planned but not . . . went to get induced but didn't end up having to). She weighed in at 8 Ibs 15 oz. I had pre-eclampsia during that pregnancy, so I'm not sure if that effected her weight (as it did mine) any.
Baby #2 is also a week early. Her original due date is Jan. 31, but we're going in tomorrow for a scheduled C. Pre-eclampsia only happens in the first pregnancy with the same partner, so didn't have it this time around.
Alright! Now the rules of the game, and the prizes!
1. Comment your guess of the baby's weight.
2. You can't guess a weight (in pounds and ounces) that has already been commented/guessed. So, the earlier you comment/guess, the better chance you get to use your true guess!
3. All entries must be done by Monday, January 26 at noon central time.
4. I'll announce the winner by Tuesday night or when my brain remembers best to get on my blog and do it. So, basically it may be announced later than that!
The winner gets a personalized "certificate" of being the best baby weight guesser with a footprint of new baby (thanks Karen for the idea!) AND one of the following:
1. Starbucks gift card
2. Free critique of first 50 pages
3. An interview on my blog
So get those baby weight guesses in, and this for sure is the last entry on my blog until I get back from the hospital. Hope you all have a splendid weekend!