Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Writing Stuff for the Week

Boo! Happy Early Halloween, friends! I cannot believe Halloween is already here. Seriously, people, I JUST now decorated our pumpkin. I haven't even bought our candy, I haven't started to prepare for the kiddo's Halloween Party we're hosting Friday night (oops, I almost said tomorrow night, I think it's Thursday for some reason, nope, hump day!) In my head, Halloween is just nowhere close. Wow, October is almost over. Time is crazy scary! See, normal me, pre-2 children me, use to have pumpkins decorated, candy bought, everything planned at least 2 weeks before. Not a few days before. I'm a planner, in life anyway (not writing, more of a dreaming panster) so to have procrastinated this far for a holiday is so not me.

Are you doing anything special for Halloween? We're having our first party with just a few of Big A's friends over. Bobbing for apples is so not "in" anymore because of the nastiness of it (um, hello, sharing saliva? So not cool) , so I'm tying mini-donuts on a string and hanging them in the door way and the kids have to try eating them without using their hands. Should be interesting! Bingo, Guess the Number of Candy in a Jar, Pin the Triangle Nose on the Jack-O-Lantern, Decorate a Halloween Cookie, and possibly some sort of craft is what I have in store for them, not to mention goodie bags! It ain't a party without goodie bags!

But wait, you say, you said this post was about random writing stuff? Oh, yes, thank you for putting me back on track. I am now oh-so-close to 10K in the WIP. I've stopped the past week to work on the first 3 chapters for the contest I'm entering them in in December. I LOVE this story. Love, love, love it! I dream it, daydream it, obsess over it. This is by far my favorite stage in writing.

I'm going to leave you with some Linky Love! Kristin Nelson is an awesome agent with an awesome blog, so go check it out if -gasp- you haven't yet. Upstart Crow Lit also has a blog which is informative and entertaining. Suvudu is everything Science Fiction and Fantasy, beyond books, so if you're a SFF freak like me, check it out! Now, adieu, adieu, farewell thee friends, for my lovely four-year-old is insisting I snuggle while she watches Elmo (can we say 2-year regression? -sigh- She has no idea she does't need to be jealous of baby sister).

Have a Great Halloween everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the lovey part of the writing process! I'm loving this story so far too, through the snippets you've shone. Absolutely hooky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that first love with a new story is fabulous. I miss it. I need to finish my WIP so I can fall in love again. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links. And I appreciate you retweeting me yesterday. :)

    You sound way more prepared for Halloween than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, Sara, so glad you think so! And yes, Anissa, it IS fab. My favorite stage of writing, by far. Anytime, Roni! Some great info you got on your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I still haven't found a pumpkin yet!!!!

    *panics*

    And next year, we'll have our first Great Pumpkin visit! (Nobody does trick or treating in Germany. *cries*)

    ReplyDelete