This weekend was a complete blast. A great birthday present, if I do say so myself. I'm still coming off the cloud, so today's post shall be nothing but pure giddiness and none sense. Maybe I'll have something more useful and educational to say once I fall back into normal-life-routine. All I'm really going to say today is:
- If you haven't been to DFWCon, register for next year! Seriously, amaaaaazing.
- A writer can never stop learning and mastering their craft.
- Perseverance is a key quality if you wanna make it in this biz.
- My favorite: AGENTS ARE HUMANS. Really. They're not some cyborg creation that have no emotion and enjoy automatically rejecting writers. They live (gasp), breathe (gasp), and have a sense of humor (no way!). Seriously. And what's more important that goes along with this:
- Going to conferences is a must as a writer. I understand why so many agents sign on clients they've met at conferences. Think about it. That chemistry you can't obtain over the interwebz and e-mail. More on this later.
- The house doesn't burn down if I'm gone for 2 days. And the kids are still alive.
I'll eventually climb down and post a real, you know, brain-growing post. But for now I'm going to continue to bask in the greatness that was this weekend (and um, my birthday), because waking up from a good dream is never something I want to rush in doing.