Anyway, I'm still desktopless. Oooo, throwing a pork chop out to all my purgie friends. That will only make sense to them I'm sure. But anyway, I set up my laptop up on my desk finally (I had to clean it first...that took a while). I wanted to do something a little different from Good News Thursday. Granted, I do have to give a shout out to my writing colleague Jenny Martin who snagged the awesomeness that is Mark Kole (of Andrea Brown). Congrats, ladies! And, of course, if you haven't wandered on over to Do the Write Thing for Nashville, go now! I believe it ends Monday, and your donation goes to the flood victims of Tennessee. Tomorrow (Friday) I do believe they'll have some sort of raffle for those like me who can only afford smaller donations.
The dystopian WIP is coming along great. I've made a personal goal of one chapter a night and revising it the next day. I only have around 3 weeks to write before summer school snags me!
But onto the randomness!
Here are 16 actual error messages (or so I've been told...either way, some funny stuff) seen on the computer screens in Japan, where they are written in Haiku.
- The Web site you seek cannot be located, but countless more exist.
- Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.
- Program aborting: Close all that you have worked on. You ask far too much.
- Windows NT crashed. I am the Blue Screen of Death. No one hears your screams.
- Yesterday it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that.
- Your file was so big. It might be very useful. But now it is gone.
- Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down.
- A crash reduces your expensive computer to a simple stone.
- Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred.
- You step in the stream, but the water has moved on. This page is not here.
- Out of memory. We wish to hold the whole sky, but we never will.
- Having been erased, The document you're seeking must now be retyped.
- Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.