Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Feeding the Muse

I'm not sure what the reason has been lately, but I've been having some crazy-ass dreams. Ever since I had my first child, I stopped remembering my dreams. In my previous post (and I'm not sure if this fact was listed or not) I spoke about dreams, and one of the facts was that everyone dreams. Whether you remember it or not depends on if you reach REM sleep, which dreams that happen there are more memorable. This explains a lot about why I haven't, in the past 5 years, remembered most of my dreams. Children sort of take away REM!

I guess the reason I've been able to remember so much more lately is that with school on top of kids, I'm simply too exhausted not to reach REM. The majority of my dreams involve water slides. Like, really twisted, complicated, scary water slides. Different variations in each dream. Anyone feel like analyzing WTF that means? The other night, the dream consisted of well, a water slide, but then also a tree with an inchworm invasion and my husband told me to throw potato chip and Oreo crumbs up on the tree to kill them, because apparently such food was lethal. If that isn't wacky enough, another dream had a wild billy goat chasing me in a blind rage. One minute I was running from him and the next, safe behind a glass door in some random house. The creature slammed into the door, not realizing it was there, and then suddenly...it was a friend of mine's kid. I was all "OMG, are you okay??!"

Anyway! Thought I'd share my nonsense. And now onto the main event. Because I have such a fondness of shakes, I'll share you an easily personalized recipe for one, and because I make the world's best pancakes (if you ask my family, anyway), one of those.

EASY PERSONALIZED YOGURT SMOOTHIE

Need:
  • Non-fat Plain Yogurt
  • Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter)
  • Milk
  • Honey
  • Banana
  • Another fruit (anything goes good with banana...I like blueberries, strawberries, mango, etc. Frozen kinds work great)
  • Ice for desired consistency
  • *Wheat Germ
  • *Flax Seed
*optional and makes great for healthiness

Directions:
I add 2 part yogurt one part milk, a spoonful of the butter, a 1/2 spoonful of honey (or just squeeze it until you think it'll taste good...this is substitute for sugar) and how ever much of the rest you want. Blend and enjoy!

APPLE FRITTER PANCAKES
Need:
  • Bisquick mix (and the called ingredients for their pancakes)
  • Stage 2 Baby jar of pureed sweet potatoes (or do it yourself)
  • 2 oz of Apple sauce
  • few drops of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
Directions:
Follow the Bisquick instructions. Thicker batter makes fluffier, thicker pancakes. If you add all your ingredients and it's too runny, just add more bisquick until the consistency is like cake batter. Tastes great with honey as syrup!

4 comments:

  1. You know, I never would have thought to put baby food in pancakes, but that makes perfect sense. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, that is crazy!! I don't usually remember most of my dreams either...at least not for long.

    mmm smoothies. that looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shooting Stars! Yeah, it's been weird how vivid they've become lately...maybe it's something in my diet? :P

    ReplyDelete