Monday, November 10, 2008

Inspired and Happy

So I think hormones have done a number on me the past few days, but I'm feeling better. Gratefully, an amazing story idea came to me the other night (I give kudos to Stepehenie Meyers, Twilight had to have inspired my subconcious in some form or fashion) and I'm jumping on it. It will take some research on my part, so instead of trying to type 2K words a day for NanoWriMo, I'm dedicating my free and not-free writing time to research, as well as brushing up on Robert McKee's Story. It will be YA urban fantasy, or some form thereof. It's my new baby (other than th eone cooking in the oven).

On other notes, I wanted to talk about writer's conference's and if you attend, which ones you frequent? I am heading to the DFW Writer's Conference May 2-3, 2009. I'm contemplating attending another one next fall but have yet to decide which one, so if anyone has suggestions, let me know!

I'll be heading to Candy Haven's book signing this Saturday, Nov. 15 from 2-4pm at Barnes and Nobles near the North East Mall in Hurst, TX. Anyone who hasn't checked out her latest book, The Demon King and I should buy it now and go get it signed!

And on a side note, I'm proud to say I'm actually now earning Christmas money and "writing" money (to go towards conference's, etc) with my freelance writing. Though it isn't a whole heck of a lot, it's nice to say I'm a paid writer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment